How It Works
How to use our MailUp integration to import and validate your email lists
If you use MailUp to send your email campaigns and would like to validate your lists, our integration makes it possible for you to import them directly from your MailUp account. All you need to do is link your MailUp account to your DataValidation
In order to use the MailUp integration, you need to have a DataValidation account and an activated MailUp account with at least one email list uploaded to it. You can link your MailUp account to DataValidation by following the following
- Log into your DataValidation account;
- Click on ‘Import Lists’ and select ‘Link an ESP account’ from the left hand menu, then click on ‘Link with MailUp’;
- You will be directed to the MailUp login page. Input your MailUp credentials and click on ‘Log On’;
- You will then be asked to confirm your permission for DataValidation to access the lists in your MailUp account. You will need to click on ‘Confirm’;
- Next, you will see that your MailUp account has appeared on the list of import sources on the import page. When you click on it, you will see your lists with checkboxes next to them. Check the boxes corresponding to the lists you want
to import, and click on ‘Import Selected Lists’;
- The validation process will now begin by importing your list and then estimating the list’s overall quality. Once it’s done, you will see a score appear on the list report card, and a ‘Grade Breakdown’ button. The score represents the
overall health state of your list, from 0 to 100. You can click on ‘Grade Breakdown’ and you will get a free preview of the validation results -- a pie chart that shows the percentages of valid and invalid email addresses in your list
the grades that were assigned to your email addresses. In order to see the grade categories, hover your mouse over each section of the chart.>
IMPORTANT NOTE: Do not make any modifications to your list in MailUp while it is being validated.
- In order to get the full validation results synced back to your MailUp account, you will need to make a purchase. Whether you already purchased a token pack or not, click on ‘Purchase for x tokens’ on your report card (x corresponds to
the number of email addresses in your list), which will add your list to your cart.
- Next, click on ‘Checkout’. If you already have tokens in your account, you will do the checkout using the tokens, which will be deducted from your account. If you didn’t purchase tokens in advance, your
price will be calculated based on the total number of email addresses in your cart, cumulated from all the lists in your cart. To make the payment, click on ‘Checkout’. If you didn’t already add a credit card to your account, you
will be asked to do so.
- Next, the final stage of the validation process will be performed, and then the results will be exported to your MailUp account.
- What we do in your MailUp account is creating a group within your list which contains only the email addresses that were graded A+ or A. This is very convenient for you, because you can simply start your campaigns to this group as it is.
So once the export process has completed, go to your MailUp account, select the list that you validated from the menu on the left, go to ‘Groups’, and you will see a new group that we created, called “DV Safe to send”. Click on it, then
click on “Search/Manage Email” to see which email addresses are safe to email.
- You can start sending your email campaigns to the “DV Safe to send” group.
IMPORTANT NOTE: You cannot sync to MailUp a list that you uploaded to DataValidation from your computer. You can sync to MailUp only those lists that were imported from MailUp.
If you have any further questions, please contact us via LiveChat or write to us at
email@example.com. We will be happy to help you!
Also, have a look at our
blog post announcing the MailUp integration and get your discount coupon today!