It is important to save your list in the formatting that is suitable to upload to our email database cleaner. Your file must be in .csv formatting, comma delimited and UTF-8 text encoding. Please refer to the following steps when converting your list from Excel to .csv.
1. Click File, the first drop-down option, on the menu bar. Then click Text to Columns.
2. The Text Wizard will appear. Be sure the data type is set to Delimited. Click Next.
3. Set the delimiter to be Comma only - all other delimiters should be unchecked. The text qualifier should be an apostrophe (‘) versus quotations(“).
4. Remove any trailing Spaces.
Does your email column contain trailing Spaces? Remove any spaces before uploading your list for verification.**
To remove any spaces within the sheet, click ‘home’ on the top menu bar, Find and Select and then Replace.
The ‘Find & Replace’ menu will appear. In the box that says, ‘Find What:’ enter only one space. Leave the ‘Replace with’ box empty. Click ‘Replace All’ to remove all spaces within the sheet.
After clicking ‘Replace All’, a pop-up will appear showing the number of spaces removed from the sheet. Click ‘close’ to return to the sheet. Your data should no longer contain any spaces. To save the file, click File, Save As, change the File Format to ‘CSV (Comma delimited) (.csv)’ then choose Save
5. Now to save the file, click File, Save As, change the File Format to ‘CSV (Comma delimited) (.csv)’ then choose Save. Now you can upload the list to the email database cleaner.