How It Works
How to use AWeber with your DataValidation account
This step-by-step tutorial will walk you through the process of linking your AWeber account with DataValidation and validating any email list in a matter of minutes.
To get started, you will need:
- an AWeber account
- a DataValidation account
If you don’t have a DataValidation account, you can
create one for free.
How to connect your DataValidation account to AWeber
Login to your DataValidation account, go to Linked accounts and click on Link with AWeber. You will be asked to input the AWeber login credentials. By logging in, you are granting us access to the contact lists
in your AWeber account.
Don’t worry! Your AWeber login information is never shared with us.
How to validate AWeber email lists
Now that your accounts are connected, you can move further.
1. Click on the Add lists red button in the top right corner of our app.
2. In the pop-up that just appeared, you will see that your AWeber account has appeared in the import sources list. Click on it and select the list you wish to verify by clicking Import selected lists.
Your list will be imported and analyzed to determine the number of email addresses in the list, and once the import finishes you will receive a Free Quality Report with a score from 0 to 100 which represents the overall
health of your email list and a Grade Breakdown.
3. After the list was validated, you can purchase it. Click on Purchase with x tokens (x represents the number of emails from your email list) and complete the checkout.
4. Once you completed the checkout, your email list will be automatically synced back to your AWeber account. Also, you have the option to download the validated email list: your full list or only emails that were graded A or A+.
How to segment the email list you just validated
1. Go to your AWeber account and at the top of the screen select the list you validated in the Current list dropdown.
2. Click on Subscribers in the top navigation bar.
3. To view the validation details of a specific address, click the arrow next to their name. When you scroll down, you will see four new fields that we synced to your account. You can find a brief description of each field below:
NOTE: We encourage you to check our Knowledge Base
article that explains the validation results in more detail.
- DV_grade - contains the grade that was assigned to each email address.
DV safe to send - tells you if an email address is safe to send to or not. Basically this column tells you if the email address was graded A+/A or not as these are the addresses that were confirmed as valid by our
- DV is role based - tells you if the email address is a role-based email address or not.
- DV is disposable - tells you if the email address is disposable (temporary) or not.
4. You can segment your list so that it will only contain the email addresses that are safe to have emails sent to them. We will use the DV safe to send field for this. In order to create the segment, go to the top of
your list and from the
Select Field drop-down menu, choose DV safe to send and in the third field input Yes, then click on Search. If you want to create your segment now, assign a name to your segment,
and click on Save.
However, you can also stack up multiple filters to your segment. If, for example, you want to keep the disposable emails out of your segment, click on the + button next to the third field, select DV is disposable, and
NOT-DI in the third field, click on Search, then name your segment and click on Save.
Then you can send your campaigns to this segment only.
If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us on LiveChat, or email us at